Summit Brewing Co Reveals 2018 Release Calendar
Summit Brewing Co. Reveals 2018 Release Calendar
Most Underrated Brewery in USA Believes It Can Become Appropriately Rated
ST. PAUL, Minn. (November 6, 2017) – 2017 was a fun year here at Summit Brewing Co. We debuted new beers and variety packs, we won another silver medal at the Great American Beer Festival®, we launched a renovation of our Beer Hall, and we were named 2017’s Most Underrated Brewery in America by Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine. But now we’ve been sitting on our 2018 brewing plans for months, and we’re tired of keeping everything secret. With that in mind, here’s a month-by-month overview of all the new beers we’re preparing for 2018. And read until the end, dang it, lest you miss news concerning Summit Keller Pils, Lazy Sipper, and Dark Infusion.
Entering our year-round lineup starting January 1 is Summit Dakota Soul, a classical Czech-style Pils featuring North Dakota barley. Dakota Soul arrives on draft and in 12-packs of 12-oz. cans, as well as 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles.
Also dropping in January is a new edition of the Summit IPA Collection, featuring twelve 12-oz. cans. Included are Summit Sága IPA and three brand-new hop-forward brews: Wee IPA, Imperial IPA, and Experimental Hop IPA. Get ready to stage an epic hop raid with these beasts:
- Summit Wee IPA is a heavily hopped, sessionable pale ale with aromas of passionfruit, key lime, and melon. It is available only in the variety box.
- Summit Imperial IPA brings immense aromas of tangerine, stone fruit, and lemon to an 8.5% ABV monster with 105 IBU. It is also available only in the variety box.
- Summit Experimental Hop IPA features big hop flavors of pineapple, coconut, peach, and apricot. It will be available in the variety box and on draft.
Last but not least, Summit Keller Pils is being promoted in January to our year-round rotation, arriving on draft and in 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. cans. After debuting as a one-time brew in 2016 and returning as a summer seasonal in 2017, we’re excited to finally give Keller Pils the top-billing it deserves.
After a busy January, we’ll recover in February with the return of Summit Maibock, available on draft, in 12-packs of 12-oz. cans, and in 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles.
April 2018 will see a new edition of the Summit Boundary Waters Box, a 12-pack of 12-oz. cans built specifically for your cooler. Summit Hefeweizen returns, new beers Summit Golden Fruited Aleand Summit Shore Sitter debut, and Summit Lazy Sipper plans world domination.
- With big fruit additions of genuine peach and apricot, Summit Golden Fruited Ale will be available in 12-oz. cans and on draft.
- Summit Shore Sitter, a traditional white ale, debuts in the Boundary Waters Box and on draft. Come June 2018, however, Shore Sitter joins our year-round lineup in 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. cans.
- Brewed exclusively for the 2017 Minnesota State Fair, Summit Lazy Sipper features Minnesota-grown ingredients and strawberries from the University of Minnesota’s breeding program. Find it on draft, in the Boundary Waters Box, plus inside 12-packs of 12-oz. cans and 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles.
The Summit Harvest Collection returns in August 2018 as a 12-pack of 12-oz. cans featuring Summit Extra Pale Ale, Oktoberfest, Dakota Soul, and a new limited-release Summit Minnesota Harvest Ale.
- Brewed with ingredients sourced from the state of Minnesota, Summit brewers are still tinkering with the final recipe for Summit Minnesota Harvest Ale. Find it on draft and in 12-oz. cans.
The Summit Penalty Box will return in 2018 with Summit Extra Pale Ale and Dakota Soul, plus the debut of Summit Snow Emergency and the return of Summit Dark Infusion.
- Summit Snow Emergency is a new, vanilla-infused take on Summit Great Northern Porter. It will be available in the Penalty Box, on draft, and in twelve-packs of 12-oz. cans, as well as 6 and 12-packs of 12-oz. bottles.
- Summit Dark Infusion, an overwhelmingly popular coffee milk stout that debuted in November 2016, is the first-ever Summit Unchained Series beer to make a comeback. And don’t worry, we aren’t changing a thing. You’ll find it on draft and in 12-oz. cans exclusively inside the 2018 Summit Penalty Box.
November 2018 will also see the release of Summit Union Series 7: 120 Shilling Export Scotch Ale, a small batch aged in wooden hogsheads that will arrive on draft and in 4-packs of 12-oz. bottles.
We have a secret and we aren’t telling you what it is.
A Note Regarding the Summit Unchained Series
After 9+ years and 26 unique, one-off beers, the Summit Unchained Series will return in 2018 as a draft-only program available exclusively at the Summit Beer Hall. Though limited in production and distribution, the Summit Unchained Series will continue to allow Summit brewers to showcase their skill and creativity with the best damn ingredients they can find. More information about upcoming Unchained Series beers will be available in the coming months.
A Word from Mark Stutrud
Heading into our brewery’s 32nd year, Summit Brewing Co. Founder and President Mark Stutrud would like to set the record straight: “Continuous improvement is core to Summit, because it’s important for beer to fit with the time and flavor preferences of the people drinking it. We aren’t changing what we do or how we operate — this is what we’ve always done. We’re simply talking about it now, turning up the volume, and refusing to diminish the role we’ve played in establishing standards of flavor and quality in this industry.”
Disclaimer: Just about everything in this release is subject to change, but holy smokes, we hope there aren’t too many updates. That would be a lot of work.
Summit Brewing Company
Founded in Saint Paul, Minnesota, in 1986, Summit Brewing Company has remained close to its roots, refreshing thirsty folks throughout the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes regions. Currently available in five states, Summit now produces seven year-round premium craft beers, seven occasionals, four seasonal brews, and the limited-release Unchained Series and Union Series. Since our inception, we’ve been a consistent pioneer in the craft beer movement. For everything Summit Brewing, visit summitbrewing.com.